Maine Physical Activity & Nutrition Program
Healthy Weight Awareness Campaign
The Healthy Weight Awareness Campaign provides low-income Maine families eligible for the Maine Food Supplement Program (formerly the Food Stamp Program) with information to take simple steps to help children and families eat healthfully and be active. The Healthy Weight Awareness Campaign was a collaborative effort between the Maine CDC and the Maine Nutrition Network from 2002 to 2012.
Materials are no longer available to order, but you can view and/or download our campaign materials below.
- Physical Activity-Focused Materials
- Nutrition-Focused Materials
- Materials Addressing Both Physical Activity and Nutrition
Physical Activity Resources:
Winter Physical Activity
Healthy Maine Walks/Indoor Walking
Healthy Maine Walks/Outdoor Walking
Use Your Home As a Gym
- See the TV spot!
- Hear the "Diane and Ed" radio spot!
- Hear the "Simple Steps" radio spot!
- This is an excercise machine!
Make Time for Family Fun! Kit
Walk For Life
- See the Portion Size TV spot!
- See the Extra Weight TV spot!
- Hear the radio spot!
- See the tip sheet!
- Are your Portions in Proportion
- See the magnet
- See the brochure
Fruit and Vegetable Brochure
Pack a Healthy Picnic
TV Off/Out of Your Bedroom
Simple Steps Toward Better Health